History of Yumi Katsura
- Opened the first bridal salon in Japan at Akaska, Tokyo
- Established Yumi Katsura Bridal House at Nogizaka, Tokyo for total coordinates of bridal
- Launched license business for total design of bridal and formal fashion
- Debuted in a bridal fashion show in Beijing, China
- Debuted in a collection in Paris, France
- Expanded Yumi Katsura’s franchised shops all over Japan
- Received the Grand Prize of Triumph from the Committee of European Excellence
- Designed and presented a papal vestment to John Paul II
- Opened the Osaka shop at the Mido-suji in the center of Osaka city
- Received the Dalian Honorary Medal
- Became the first member of Camera Nazionale Della Moda Italiana in Asian people. Opened the second Osaka shop in Rihga Royal Hotel
- Changed the company name to Yumi Katsura International Co.,Ltd.
- Opened the Yumi Katsura Paris at 26, rue Cambon Paris, France
- Opened a café, Rose Yumi Rose on the 2nd floor of the headquarters in Tokyo
- Opened franchisee shops in 8 cities in China including Bejing, Shanghai, Dalian, etc.
- Launched license business with impression Bridal/Ashdon Inc., in the USA
Yumi Katsura International:
- 73 franchise shops in Japan with a flagship store in Tokyo
- 11 franchise shops in China including two flagship stores in Beijing and Shanghai
- One franchise shop in France
"Yumi and Pope John Paul II"